Sunday, October 15, 2017

OMG! I'm back!!!!!!!!

OMG!  I'm back!!!!!!!!   After a very.... very.... VERY... long hiatus from my blog - I am finally back.

Lots to catch up on my friends.  And even more to do.  I will try to condense it down as best I can.


Welcome to another
Scribbles Designs Challenge 
Thank You...


One of the fun images from Scribbles Designs, Scary Cat and Thank You all on a multi coloured background which I drew the colour inspiration from the challenge.  I loved the colours and found myself drawn to a simplicity of design.
courtesy Jill Wellington, Pixabay


 I used the Scary Cat image with Glossy Accents on top and fussy cut around both images.   A terra cotta colour band, a strip of scrap paper - which the colours worked out very well; and a bit of black blings.   Check out the store blog and challenge blog and join us in the challenge,  there is even a freebie for you!

I've entered into...

***********

Life Goes On...
Well, it's been quite a while with my LGO segment.  We've been uber busy with many things in our lives and seems like it's just passed along so very fast.

The above was from my last post.  Wow.  It has been awhile. 

Firstly, I must thank my left, right, whole torso and brain, Lisa D for keeping SD going.  I found that I just couldn't get my life in order to keep up with all of the design and life in general. 

And to be very forthright and honest.  I've been battling food addiction and depression.  There I've said it.  It has taken me a very long time - over 20 years - to figure out the source of my weight gain journey.  Now that I have; I have been turning my life around to become healthier and happier.  Yes, I am deeply in love with Boyd. Yes, we have our wonderful dog. Yes, I still have my job.   I challenged and also committed myself when Boyd went for surgery - two years ago - on his reconstructed ankle that I would finish the West Coast Trail with him.  IT WAS HELL!  But folks!  I did it!  I did the West Coast Trail.  And bugger it, I am hooked on hiking with Boyd.  So much so that we're planning our next summer hike - a five to six day hike on the Sunshine Coast Trail.  And then to do the West Coast Trail the following year.  I was in decent shape, yes, with some weight loss and toning but it did kick my ars BIG TIME - and I am determined to conquer the WCT again. Eeegadd!

My time away has also had me on a journey with a very close friend and her battle with breast cancer.  That in itself, is my inspiration. My gawd; my Carol has been a fighter.  And I love her to bitzies.  

My very good and close friend, Pam, has been busy with her life and now has a new puppy, Chloe, who is a little (full) sister to our Charli.  They have an Aladdin Cocker Spaniel again in their house.  That brings me much joy.  I haven't spent enough time with Pam.  Love her to bitzies too!

Charli - he's now 3 1/2 yrs old.  We have a 5 (or more, I have to figure that out) obedience and rally obedience titles together and we're back to training up to 3x a week on the different disciplines.  We stepped back from competition a bit to re-set our connection and re-focus our efforts.  We both LOVE the sport and get to spend time 'playing' and learning together.

As promised... I had to condense this down to tidbits.... I will try to fill in the blanks.  LOL  I do have to also get up E A R L Y for work.



Thought for the day...

Image result for thought for the day
have a great one...


~Sandy

2 comments:

Borqna said...

Welcome! I am very happy for your return and I also say - thank you for it!
Good luck!

Barbara Bruder said...

Oh what an adorable cat. I just love it!!! Looks great on your card background. Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge.  {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges}Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...