Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sending a Warm Christmas Wish (Christmas in July)...


It's time again for the
challenge. 

This week's challenge is:
Christmas in July 
(plus a sentiment)

Sending a Warm Christmas Wish




I used Amalia Daisy Crown from Dilly Beans as the image for this card.  The layout is on a 5 1/2" x 6" folded card with the image colored with copics, gold decorative paper and plaid gift wrap... a postage stamp inspired sentiment and decorative paper flowers and a line of red bling compliment this card.


This week's Sponsor is:

Silly Dilly Bean Store
Donating: 3 images, winners choice

I'm entering Sending a Wish into...


**************

Life Goes On...
so here we are again, Life Goes On, another installment in hopefully a continued event on my blog... and its another beautiful day in the Okanagan.   Hot warm days (30ºC) bright skies and cool drinks...patio living at it's finest  I find myself thinking of this coming Thursday with sadness as we will say good bye to our beloved dog, Ali... yet... there is comfort in all of it too... that we are being respectful for her quality of life and easing her pain.      I believe people (and animals) come into our lives for a reason or purpose.  Ali had a purpose as a therapy dog... by way of physical for my in-laws poodle when they were both pups, and by way of comfort when I hit a low run for a while in my life.  So I will thank our little dog for all hat she gave me while she joined us here on our life journey.
I love dragonflies for a couple of reasons.  Mostly, because I get visited by a dragonfly in the most unusual and unexpected places.  Secondly, I love their shape and color... I have a small dime-sized dragonfly tattoo on my left ankle and I find extreme comfort when I am visited. Why?  A dragonfly has always and will always be my Mom.  My Mom passed away from ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) 20 years ago and she always comes for a visit.  She has been there when we've left for our motorbike trips, when something with a lot of emotional riptides will occur or is currently happening, when I need a reminder that I am loved deeply and unconditionally.  Three dragonfly visits in 4 days... Thanks Mom... you always know what I need... so my thought for the day...
The most fabulous curve on your body is your smile... Flaunt it!!!!


4 comments:

Deanne Saunders said...

Great card!!!
So sad about your doggy, I know the pain, my friend!
About your mom, my hubby's mom died last year of the same disease. Very bad disease indeed.
Awesome about the dragonflies. My reminder of my dad is a rainbow. There was a double rainbow on the day we buried him. I love rainbows.

Tracey said...

Sorry to hear about your doggy Sandy :(
Love your card & all the flowers.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Oh Sandy..Please give Ali a big hug and kiss from me the boys, please. Make that triple from Buddy! I know that it will not be the same without her but, I want you to know that I am also here for you too! Big hugs to you...And who knows, maybe you will start seeing 4 dragonflies.
Big hugs my dear friend, from the Thompson family.

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Your card is beautiful. I love how you brought over the theme of the flowers from the image to your embellishments.

I know the decision to say goodbye was a difficult one. In a sense though it was nice that you had some special time to spend with her as you said your good-byes.

I didn't know that your mom had passed. Wow 20 years is a long time to be without her. It is nice though that you equate the dragonflies with her and that she has been there this week to provide comfort when you need it most. Those tangles you are creating are now going to have even more meaning.

Know I'm thinking about you...

Lisa
xoxo


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...